Monday, April 12, 2010

Aplique & Bias tape


On the laundry bag there is some letters that say WASH ME! In-order to get the letters on I had to do what is called Aplique. This wasnt my first time doing aplique. A few months ago I had made a pillow with my name on it using aplique. I love aplique it isnt very hard if you take your time and go slow. The rounded letters like the S, are the hardest. To finish off the circle and the sides I put Bias tape around the raw edges. Now I had bought 1/2 inch brown Bias tape. If you ever do this project do NOT get 1/2 inch get a whole inch. It is very hard to match up 2 layers of fabric and little bias tape.. It took about 2 hours to pin around the whole thing with about a hundred. So my only advice on aplique and bias tape is, get 1 inch bias tape instead 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment